The San Miguel de Allende Writer’s Conference and Literary Festival began in October and is spread out over six months through March 2021.
All the events are online and include Q&A sessions. After each event you can network with the author and other attendees.
Authors who will speak include:
• Margaret Atwood (“The Handmaid’s Tale” and multiple award-winning tomes)
• Isabel Allende (“The House of the Spirits”)
• Diana Gabaldon (The “Outlander” series)
• Isabel Wilkerson (“Caste and The Warmth of Other Suns”)
• Emma Donoghue (“Room”)
• Geraldine Brooks (“March” and “Year of Wonders”)
• Lawrence Wright (“The Looming Tower” and “The End of October”)
• Richard Blanco (President Barack Obama’s inaugural poet)
• Simon Winchester (“The Professor and the Madman,” and – brand new – “LAND: How the Hunger
for Ownership Shaped the Modern World”)
• Yuri Herrera (“Signs Preceding the End of the World”)
• A’Lelia Bundles (“On Her Own Ground”)
• Joseph Boyden (winner of Canada’s Giller Prize)
Recordings of events that have occurred previously are available.
A captivating presentation by A’Lelia Bundles about her great-great-grandmother, the first African-American woman millionaire, is scheduled Saturday, November 14, 6 p.m.
To see the complete season of events and register for them, see sanmiguelwritersconference.org. For more information, call festival executive director Susan Page at 415-153-5363.