• The 12th edition of Foto Ajijic Septiembre 2023 continues at the Centro Cultural Ajijic through September 28. Twenty-three local photographers are exhibiting 52 photographs.
• “The Soulful Illusions,” a retrospective exhibit by photographer Monica Cardenas, is up at Casa del Sol Inn, Javier Mina 7 in Ajijic.
• The Ajijic Museo de Arte (AMA) continues with an exhibit of paintings on loan or acquired for the permanent collection. AMA is at Privada Flores Magon 3, Open daily except Mondays. The entry fee is 40 pesos.
Piano y Forte
Two piano concerts will be held at Haus Der Musik: Elena Camarena will perform pieces by Beethoven, Schumann and Ravel Thursday, September 28, 7 p.m. and Oleg Khudyakov will play music by Bach/Busoni, Schumann and Chopin, Thursday, October 5, 7 p.m. Tickets for each concert are 300 pesos. Reservations: hanspaul3787 @gmail.com.
• John Coltrane concert, Saturday, September 23, 1:30 p.m. at Huerto Café.
• Blue Jay Slim and the Blues Machine, Saturday, September 23, 3 p.m., at El BarCo.
• A classical guitar recital by Guillermo Borja Garcia is Sunday, September 24, 12:30 p.m. at the Centro Cultural Gonzalez Gallo in Chapala. Free entrance.
• The Free Jazz Trio of Pilla Reyes, Itzam Cano and Miguel Soto take the stage Saturday, September 30, 6:30 p.m. at La Cochera Cultural. Tickets are 350 pesos. Reservations: info @cocheracultural.org.
• Siglos Pasados, playing music from the 10th to 16th centuries, will perform at the Centro Para la Cultura y Las Artes de la Ribera Thursday, October 12, 6 p.m. Tickets, 300 pesos presale and 350 pesos at the door, are at the box office.
Concerts in the Park
The Jersey Boys, starring Marc Lopez, perform Tuesday, October 10, with shows at 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. at the Lake Chapala Society. Tickets, 350 general seating and 500 pesos VIP seating, are available at the LCS office Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or at lakechapalasociety.com.
The Rondalla de Chapala, the Rondalla Femenil de Chapala and the Rondalla Generaciones will perform at the Centro Cultural Antigua Presidencia in Chapala, Saturday, October 14, 6 p.m. Tickets, 200 pesos, are available at the venue. Corner of Hidalgo and Madero; open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.