• 4to Sentido restaurant will host a Halloween party, Friday, October 27, 4 to 6 p.m. Blue Jay Slim and the Blues Machine will perform. Tickets are 150 pesos.
• Iron Horse Bar and Grill holds a Halloween party Saturday, October 28, 7:30 p.m. Geta Medhe Musique and Los Pretty Boys will perform. Cover is 75 pesos.
• LCS holds an “old fashion kid’s Halloween” party and costume contest Sunday, October 29, 2 to 5 p.m.. Children will need tickets and can get them at the Wilkes Center or LCS office. Volunteers are needed as well. Contact Victor at 663-162-7500.
• The Lake Chapala Farmer’s Market will hold a Day of the Dead/Halloween constume contest at its weekly Tuesday market, October 31. Three winners will be declared. There will also be catrina face painting, a Day of Dead altar and live music.
• El BarCo holds a Halloween party on the rooftop Sky Bar Tuesday, October 31 with prizes for the best three costumes. Tekila Blues and Roll will perform. Cover is 100 pesos.
• La Bodega Ajijic holds a Halloween party/dinner with Mary’s Island performing Tuesday, October 31, 5 p.m. The dinner is chicken breast a La Bodega. Tickets are 350 pesos. Reservations; 331-956-2605.
A festival of music, and typical street food along with raffles and a bazar will be held Sunday, October 29 beginning 8 a.m. on the main plaza in San Antonio Tlayacapan to help finance the celebration of the Day of the Musician (November 22).
Dia de Muertos
• Blanca Esthela Fernandez will give a Dia de Muertos concert, interpreting the holiday’s most traditional songs, at the Centro Para la Cultura y Las Artes de la Ribera, Sunday, October 29, 5 p.m. Also performing are the Chapala-based ballet Folklorico Ixtlateotl and the Danza Prehispanica de la Universidad de Guadalajara. The cost is 150 pesos. Tickets available at the box office and at Manix, La Bodega and Café Negro.
• The volunteers of the Saul Rodiles Primary School in Ajijic are holding a Day of the Dead party fundraiser at Scallions Ajijic Bistro on Tuesday, October 31, 5 to 7:30 p.m. in order to continue with building repairs needed after the 2022 earthquake. The 500-peso donation includes a Mexican buffet, and music by Mariachi Real Axixic. Tickets are available at Laguna Bazaar, It’s Kinda Bazaar, Barbara’s Bazaar, Bazaar del Lago and Scallions Bistro.
Legion Post 9
All U.S. veterans are invited to learn all about American Legion Post 9 at their monthly open meeting held the first Thursday of the month (next one is on November 2) at 2 p.m. at Mama’s Musical Bar. Call 33-895-6866 for more information.
The Country Club de Chapala hold its 18th annual Cruz Roja Golf Classic Thursday, November 9, 9 a.m. with a shotgun start. This event will benefit the Chapala Red Cross.
Entry fee is 1,700 pesos per player and 1,500 pesos for Country Club members. Singles, pairs and foursomes are welcome.
Players must register at the Pro Shop by Saturday, November 4. The entry fee includes golf and cart rental, golf swag bag, continental breakfast, bag lunch, and mixed grill BBQ dinner. Dinner-only tickets available at the Pro Shop and Yoly’s Estetica in Plaza Bugambilias in Ajijic and must be purchased in advance (500 pesos). There are great prizes for holes-in one, longest drives and closest to the pins. More information with Don at 376-766-4990.
Tickets are now available for the Lakeside Garden Guild’s 2023 Floral Art and Design Show to be held November 11, from 3 to 6 p.m. at Camino Real 131, Lower La Floresta, Ajijic.
The Guild will be selling some of their dazzling arrangements.