• Original paintings for the 2024 Our Beloved Mexico Calendar by Belva and Enrique Velazquez are now on display at Arte Estudio Velazquez, 16 de Septiembe 7 in Ajijic. The calendars are now available for sale as well.
• Due to illnesses and unforeseen circumstances, the art show by the Lake Chapala Fine Artists Guild scheduled for October 28 and 29 at the Centro Para la Cultura y Las Artes de la Ribera has been cancelled.
• A collective art show is on at Galeria de Arte Axixic, with an artists’ reception Thursday, November 2, 3 to 7 p.m. This show features four talented young artists from the Neil James Children’s Art Legacy, Orlando, Karina, Bruno and Rosario, as well as 15 Lakeside artists. Live music and botanas provided. Come and meet the artists!
• Sunday, October 29, the Centro Cultural González Gallo will hold a special event dedicated to the Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) with presentations by international dance company “Pájaro de Nube” and “Las Comadres, singing popular Mexican tunes. Entry is free. At the end of the concert, which begins at 12:30 p.m., you are invited to the opening cocktail of the art exhibition “Desplazar el paisaje” (Displace the Landscape) featuring works by Karian Amaya, and curated by Ruben Méndez.
•Victor Danier Valdez sings Mexican rancheras, boleros, pop, salsa, Cuban and Caribbean music at American Legion Post 7, November 4, from 5 to 7 p.m. Tickets, 200 pesos, available at the Legion and at the door. Bar and happy hour food available.
• Chant Your Heart Open with Wenday Demos and her Ajijic trio, Sunday, November 5, 4:30 p.m. Villa del Angel, Zapata 3, Ajijic. Cost: 350 pesos via chantyourheartopen.com.
• Broadway sensation Marty Thomas performs at the Lake Chapala Society as part of Concerts in the Park, Sunday, November 12, 5 p.m. Tickets available at LCS office or lakechapalasociety.com.
• A signature presentation by Bill Dingwall, with his series of performances focused on the musical career of Frank Sinatra, will take place in the home of Linda Buckthorp on Sunday, November 12, 12:30 p.m.
Timothy G. Ruff Welch will play piano during cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres prepared by the students of Jaltepec and a three-course lunch following, inclusive of wine and all refreshments for a donation of 1,500 pesos. Reservations: buckthormplm @gmail.com.
• Vancouver/Mexico drummer Cesar Chew performs with Marc Fabbricatore on piano, Juan Castañon on guitar and Frededy Adrián on bass, Saturday, November 18, 1;30 p.m. at Huerto Café in Riberas del Pilar.
Tickets, 150 pesos, available at 376-108-0843.