A collective art show featuring 49 artists celebrates the 17th anniversary of the Centro Cultural de Ajijic, with an opening set for Saturday, August 21, 5-8 p.m. Live music by Cristina Trejo. Exhibit continues through September 9.
The Lake Chapala Community Orchestra presents “A Summer Serenade” featuring music by Mozart, Faure, Telemann, Tchaikovsky and more. Special guests are The Arche String Quartet and Ely Molletones, principal oboe in the Jalisco Philharmonic Orchestra.
LLT season tickets
Lakeside Little Theatre season ticket sales for the 2021-2022 season (the 57th) are now open.
Renewals with no change will be held August 25 and 26; renewals with changes are September 1 and 2; and new sales are September 8 and 9.
The cost is 1,300 pesos, which includes a reserved seat for six shows (five plays and one musical), plus membership. Individual Season 57 tickets will cost 300 pesos per show, and 350 for the musical.
The box office at the LLT lobby will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on these dates. Payment is via cash or credit card. Call 376-766-0954 for more information.
• Molly and Los Guacamoles play Meraki Bistro, Friday, August 13, 7:30 p.m.
• Jwalkin plays original Caribbean jazz, calypso and soca at La Bodega Ajijic on Tuesday, August 24, 6 p.m. The Charlie Jazz Band presents an homage to Louis Armstrong, Thursday, August 26, 7 p.m. and Mariana Vigueras sings Sunday, September 5, 4 to 6 p.m. Reservations: 376-766-1002.
• The Little Big Band, with Wayne Watson, Tony Valle, Chelo Gonzales, Chris Cuevas and singers Christy Caldwell and Elmo Adam, performs at 4to Sentido Restaurant in Chula Vista, Thursdays, 4:30 to 6:30. Open air dancing and dining. Reservations: 376-108-8980.
• The Crooners play the Ajijic Pub House, Wednesday, August 18, 7 p.m.
• Sopa de Piedra plays El BarCo, Saturday, August 14, 8 p.m.
Dance and Yoga
The Villa del Angel in Ajijic is holding a Movement Mixer Saturday, August 14, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.