A collective art show featuring 49 artists celebrates the 17th anniversary of the Centro Cultural de Ajijic, with an opening set for Saturday, August 21, 5-8 p.m. Live music by Cristina Trejo. Exhibit continues through September 9.
Steve Balfour presents two spectacular entertainers at the Lake Chapala Society. Mark Lopez will give a tribute to crooners such as Frankie Valli, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Michael Buble and Luis Miguel, among others, Sunday, August 22. Showgirl Christine Deaver’s seductive singing and comedy is scheduled for Sunday, August 29. Both performances will have two shows: 3:30 and 6 p.m. at the Lake Chapala Society. Tickets via the LCS website.
Free concerts at CCGG
Three upcoming concerts at the Centro Cultural Gonzalez Gallo in Chapala are free.
• El Disparate gives a concert of Son Jarocho music Saturday, August 21, 7 p.m.
• Guillermo Salvador, former director of the Jalisco Philharmonic Orchestra, and Rosalinda Preciado give a concert of piano for four hands, Sunday, August 22, 12:30 p.m.
• Sofia Ramirez and Eleazar Soto present a concert of piano and sax, Sunday, August 29, 12:30 p.m.
LLT season tickets
Lakeside Little Theatre season ticket sales for the 2021-2022 season (the 57th) are now open.
Renewals with no change will be held August 25 and 26; renewals with changes are September 1 and 2; and new sales are September 8 and 9.
The cost is 1,300 pesos, which includes a reserved seat for six shows (five plays and one musical), plus membership. Individual Season 57 tickets will cost 300 pesos per show, and 350 for the musical.
The box office at the LLT lobby will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on these dates. Payment is via cash or credit card. Call 376-766-0954 for more information.
An exhibition of oils by Guillermo Gill Gonzalez is scheduled for August 21-23, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Yves’ Restaurant. Information: 331-575-6491.
The BRAVO! Theatre is preparing for a new season after being closed for a year and a half. Vanessa McCaffrey who played Lettice in “Lettice & Loveage” in the last season at BRAVO! is back in Mexico to bring Shirley Valentine to life.
This show is a one woman tour de force. Shirley Valentine is the perfect character to help us shed our pandemic blues and celebrate our authentic lives. She is brave, bold and delightful. She will touch your heart and your funny bone.
The show will run September 8 to 12 and 15 to 19. Matinees are Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m. Evening performances are Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m.
In October, watch for performances of “AfterPlay” by Brian Friel, directed by Bernadette Jones and starring Roseann and Tony Wilshere. It’s the story of two characters from different Chekov plays who meet in a restaurant outside of their plays.
• The Charlie Jazz Band will present a tribute concert to Louis Armstrong at La Boedga Ajijic Thursday, August 26, 7 p.m. Reservations: 376-766-1002.
• Also at La Bodega is a concert by Jwalkin of Carribean jazz, calypso and soca, Tuesday, August 24, 6 p.m.
• Latin Matters Quartet play El BarCo, Wednesday, August 25, 7 p.m.