Love is in the air
Dinner at your favorite romantic restaurant is always a good idea for Valentine’s Day(Dia del Amor y la Amistad in Mexico), so I’ll share some suggestions below.
And for those who want to get creative, I’ve added some ideas that may get you out of a rut.
Couples might also consider supporting local restaurants by taking out and creating a picnic. Why not:
• Grab your beach chairs and umbrella, throw a blanket on the sand, spread out your delicacies and beverages, snuggle up and focus on the waves and each other as the sun goes down.
• Put mimosa mix’ins, a local rotisserie chicken and fix’ins into your backpack and hike up Monkey Mountain enjoying your rewards with your love as you rest at the top.
• Hire a panga (boat). Captain Jesús Chavez (322-149-3585) took me and my hubby out for a romantic sunset cruise. My better half surprised me with a picnic and champagne, making it one of our most memorable evenings on the bay.
Here are a few takeout ideas:
Every Sunday, The Black Forest Restaurant in La Cruz has a two-for-one Schnitzel Baden-Baden meal. Place your order at 329-295-5203 and either pick up or let them deliver.
La Sanderia on the beach will serve you on site or deliver. Call 329-295-5577.
Order a pizza at YoYo Mo’s, Falconi’s or Casa Hule. You can find all three on Facebook.
Valentine’s Day in La Cruz
Start your day on the Marina Malecon enjoying the view, music, fresh air, delectable delights and much more.
Leave the marina property and enjoy mimosas, brunch or lunch at one of the many local restaurants situated around the town plaza. Ballena Blanca and the La Cruz Inn are always a good bet.
Hakuna Matata Sports Bar and Grill is having a “Day of Love” starting at 1 p.m. with music by The Expats.
The Black Seed, across from the taxi stand, is serving a Valentine’s Day brunch with 2x1 mimosas and music by Manija Brass Band.
Valentine’s Day in Bucerias
• Karen’s Place is creating a “Celebration of Love and Friendship.” Receive a champagne cocktail on arrival, a rose for the ladies and a three-course meal. Karen says she believes “a true love story never ends!”
• Sandrina’s is offering their regular menu, as well as two delicious Valentine’s dinner specials. One will be a dinner for two with three courses.
• Masala in both La Cruz and Bucerias always makes dinner memorable and romantic. Order their special, or off the menu.
Beyond Valentine’s Day
• I highly recommend considering La Tequilera in La Cruz as a Monday dinner option to watch the sunset and enjoy the twinkly lights across the bay as you taste tequila, sip wine or dine any of the delectable options. Their Monday “Sax Show” at 5:30 p.m. was a delightful surprise for me and my friends! Get there early for Happy Hour from 1 to 5 p.m. Call 331-708-8602.
• Karen’s Place has Country Rock with Dan Roy, each Thursday at 6 p.m.
• Oso’s Marina Market Restaurant has Wednesday afternoon rock ‘n roll and lots of fresh air and space to dance.
• Join Mandy and the band at “open mic” night at the Britannia Pub, for a much smaller and intelligent Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras!
• Look out to the Bay every day, not only for the abundance of whales this year, but also every Wednesday to enjoy the various sailboats, colorful and bright, sailing past.
Be kind and generous during this month of love. We all need it more than ever!