The Government of Canada has announced the removal of all Covid-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada, effective October 1.
As of October 1, all travelers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
• Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
• Provide proof of vaccination;
• Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
• Carry out Covid-19-related quarantine or isolation;
• Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of Covid-19 upon arriving to Canada.
According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, the removal of border measures has been facilitated by a number of factors, including “modelling that indicates that Canada has largely passed the peak of the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 fueled wave, Canada’s high vaccination rates, lower hospitalization and death rates, as well as the availability and use of vaccine boosters (including new bivalent formulation), rapid tests, and treatments for Covid-19.”